Perfect Puppy Training Book
How can you raise a well-behaved puppy if you don’t know how to train him?
The Perfect Puppy Training Guide was developed as a step-by-step manual that will guide you through the entire process of reward-based training.
Puppies start forming habits within the first few weeks of their lives, so it’s important that your training not be far behind.
This book holds 50 pages of information focused on training the perfect puppy and it is available to you, on our website, for free!
Use the links below to navigate to a certain section or simply start at the beginning!
Table of Contents
- Advantages of Reward-Based Training
- Tools for Training with Rewards
- Protecting Your Puppy’s Health
- Socialization to People
- Socialization to Other Dogs
- Where to Put the Crate
- What to Put in the Crate
- Crate Training: The Basics
- When Can My Puppy Have More Freedom?
- Clicker Training
- The Release Cue
- “Pay Attention”
- Incorporating Sit Into Everyday Life
- Lay Down
- Leave It
- Drop It and Take It
- What to Look for in a Good Obedience Class
Training Material Covered in this Book (Summary):
- - Insight into reward-based training. This entire training guide is developed using reward-based puppy training. It explains what reward-based training is, why it is so beneficial, and how it helps you set your puppy up to succeed.
- - Socialization. Puppy socialization is arguably the most important type of training your puppy will encounter. An improperly socialized puppy can become aggressive, mean, and protective. We will cover how to properly socialize your puppy to all different types of people and pets all while protecting your puppy’s health and well-being.
- - Crate Training. This guide covers how to crate train your puppy, why it is so important, how to do it so your puppy will enjoy being in his crate, what to put in the crate, and a step-by-step guide on the overall process.
- - Housetraining. Regardless of what type of training you have planned for your puppy, housetraining will be involved in some way, shape, or form. We talk about why housetraining is so important, reward-based techniques to housetraining, dealing with setbacks, and much more.
- - Collar and leash training. Collar and leash training are two techniques that can be used to continually improve your puppy’s behavior. Do you want your puppy walking you, or do you want to walk your puppy? You will learn the reward-based method of collar and leash training your puppy.
- - Basic commands. Because this book is centered around reward-based training, you’ll learn a technique called “clicker training.” This entire type of training will be taught along with how to combine it to teach cues and commands such as sit, pay attention, lay down, come, and many more.
- - Obedience classes and puppy daycare. Another way to socialize and train your puppy is puppy obedience classes and puppy daycare. However, it’s important to enroll your puppy in the right program. It’s not worth wasting your time or money on a program that will teach your puppy bad habits. We will cover what to look for and how to interview the instructor to make sure you are putting your puppy in a safe, healthy, and constructive environment.